I remember glancing briefly at the headline and introduction over the weekend:
Five-star junket shock
A delegation of 49 government officials, including eight ministers and deputy ministers, flew business class to New York on a two-week junket – and failed to attend many of the sessions of the United Nations gender summit where they were supposed to represent South Africa.
And thought “Oh Fuck! Not another swindle by government.”
Today I read the full article and was not surprised to see all the usual suspects involved; our notorious non-performing government departments and officials.
- The Ministry for Women, Youth, Children and the Disabled [horribly mis]led by Lulu Xingwana
- The Ministry of Correctional Services [mis]led by Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula
- The Ministry of Social Development [mis]led by Minister Bathabile Dlamini
- The Ministry of Trade and Industry [mis]led by Deputy Minister Elizabeth Thabethe
- The Ministry of Public Works [mis]led by Deputy Minister Hendrietta Bogopane-Zulu
- The Police Ministry [mis]led by Deputy Minister Maggie Sotyu
- The Health Ministry [mis]led by Deputy Minister Gwen Ramokgopa
- The Ministry of Higher Education [mis]led by Deputy Minister Hlengiwe Mkhize.
Another glorious gathering of female scum this time, about to find the
fame shame they so richly deserve. They will no doubt find good company with many of their male colleagues who have preceded them into the Great Hall of Shame, for fiddling much grander sums from the taxpayer’s largesse.
With the local government elections coming up in May this year, it is now quite clear why the faithful are clamouring, even trampling over each other, to get onto the ANC Election lists. With the incentive of unlimited taxpayer funds at your disposal to use and abuse, mostly abuse, it’s a no-brainer.
Much harder to fathom though, is why the poor keep voting for the organization these vermin cling to?