At about the time the robotic Mars Rover, Curiosity was undertaking or completing one of the most complicated landing manoeuvres for a space mission, 5 Pakistani militants from the banned Lashkar-e-Islam group were being blown up by the bomb they were planting on the roadside near the border of Afghanistan.
Here are some thoughts about these two events:
- Both events played out on barren landscapes; one of them is inhabited by at least some intelligent life forms.
- Both were magnificent feats of science and engineering; one of them was for a truly higher cause.
- Both of them were inspired events; one was inspired by the yearning for true knowledge.
- Both events will leave you laughing; one in joy and the other in derision.
- Bothe events will lead to acts of discovery; one to perhaps signs of life before death and the other perhaps to signs of life after death. Guess which one’s odds are greater.
Here is a video of man celebrating the achievement of science awesomeness:
At this time there’s no video of man celebrating the achievement of lunacy. If and when they find all the body parts and bother to make a video, I’ll be sure to post it, but don’t hold your breath.