Who doesn’t love Parma ham? Oh yes… them. Melon, I’m not so sure about, but if it comes with Parma ham, I’m sold.
I’ve tried asparagus wrapped in Parma ham before and liked it so much, that I simply had to try this recipe I found recently: sweet melon wrapped in parma ham with a ginger syrup dressing. It’s so easy that even a lazy bum like me can do it.
- Cup of water
- 3 tbsp castor sugar (45ml)
- 4cm piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 3 sprigs of mint
- 12 cubes ice-cold sweet melon
- 6 slices Parma ham, halved
- 12 skewers
- Bring the water, sugar, ginger and mint to the boil
- Cook for about 5 minutes, then cool in the fridge
- Remove the ginger and mint from syrup
- Wrap a piece of Parma ham around each cube of melon and secure with a cocktail stick or small skewer
- Drizzle the ginger syrup over the skewered melon cubes and serve