While driving to a technology, computer and gaming exposition [RAGE 2010] today, I got to thinking about what I would miss the most about life, when I finally expire. Note that I do not say if I die, because death is inevitable (currently), and I also do not say after I die because there’s no evidence for an afterlife that will allow you to feel, let alone miss anything.
Without further ado, here is my list, in descending order of importance:
- The natural world (stars including our sun, the sky whether cloudy or clear, trees, plants, animals, rivers and waterfalls etc.)
- Media, written and visual (books, movies, National Geographic, the Internet)
- Scientific discoveries
- Pork ribs
- Other human beings
If you too have a list, let’s have it…
I must admit this is interesting. If tomorrow am no more here is my list also starting with the order of importance.
1) What more I could have learned if I had lived a longer time.
2) My wife and my children especially my daughter.
3) The challenge of trying to identify the stars at night.
4) The internet.
5) My warm Tusker beer.
Lenny, get yourself into writing what you would miss at a monthly interval. You might discover how much the things we value changes with time.
It’s great to know someone else also values knowledge above all else. The thing is no matter how long you live, you’ll never learn enough. And the more you learn, the more you realize how little you know…quite frustrating.
But it’s the most noble quest man can ever undertake, without doubt.